In his book the death of death in the death of Christ John Owen lays out five things accomplished by the death of Christ on the cross:
1. Reconciliation with God, by removing and slaying the enmity that was between Him and us.
2. Justification, taking away the guilt of our sins, procuring remission and paredon of them, redeeming us from their power, with the curse and wrath due to us for those sins.
3. Sanctification by the purging away the uncleanness and pollution of our sins, renewing in us the image of God, and supplying us with the grace of the Spirit of holiness.
4. Adoption, with all the privileges which belong to the sons of God.
5. Glorification, enjoying God in heaven forever.
Soli Deo Gloria!!