Wednesday, May 8, 2013

40 Arabic words (Surah 4:157) contrasted with 33 Greek words or 33>40

In 40 Arabic words the Quran denies the crucifixion of Christ.  Surah 4:157 reads:

And in reference to the Jews who said, "We killed the Messiah, Jesus the Son of Mariam, the apostle of God," they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it was made to appear to them. And indeed those who differ in the matter are surely in doubt about it. They have no knowledge about it except following mere assumption. But of a certainty they did not kill him.


 
What do Christians have to offer in response?  What hope do we have to offer Muslims?  Answer, the thirty three Greek words translated below:
 
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment